RSS

Feb 3, 2010

Retro Rewind



This is not a poem, story or a ballad… So don’t expect Hi-Fi English vocabulary, Formation of complete sentences or a rhythmic flow in the stanzas.  This is actually a series of events which I dreamt one night. This is one of the dreams which was so crystal clear that I realized the fact that my dreams are not White & Black.. its Colorful… Believe it or not .. I was able to realize the colors & feel the texture in my dreams.. Astonished by this fantasy world when I woke up in the morning... I began to jot down the sequences which I had dreamt last night and when I finished penning down, I realized that “DREAMS CAN ALSO TEACH US SO MANY THINGS THAT CAN PUMP YOUR LIFE WITH EMOTIONS”.

Retro-Rewind

Years had passed by….. of those childhood days. …But memories still blur in my mind….That old Banyan tree still remained anchored in my heart…. Under whose branches I had played and played all day long…. Its rough Shrinked bark and my wrinkled face resembled each other… Even it was weak like me and betrayed… I sat under it, suddenly remembered of the tiny sapling which I had planted near the big well of the village… I ran to see… I mean…. It was a walk to my destiny…Searched here.. there.. everywhere.. but couldn’t find it.. I thought the new generation might have cut it for wood… But still confident… my mission of searching continued….Yeahh.. I found it.. ..its amazing….In the business of searching… I forgot that I myself was standing under the shade of that full grown countryside Mahogany Tree… What a surprise ?. My tiny plant of that day was a young tree today.. I felt as though my age was reduced by ten (yrs)… I was happy… yeah you are right… wrinkles on my faces multiplied coz of the smile…




Images passed…. Perfection failed…. I moved my toes to see the deep green well, where I used to dive into, like a dolphin with no undergarments..!! Even during heavy rain.. nature took photographs of my magnificent dive in the form of lightning… Cool.. those were the days when I enjoyed the chillness of water… But now, I just kept Gazing at the well from the top of the rim into my own reflection.

Sun moved down & Moon crawled up. I saw the full moon in the well… Pop, it shattered into a million pieces like a coming down meteor… It was a tiny frog that had jumped In… like me in my childhood days…
Its time now when I remembered of that salty, cosy beach where me and my friend had played ashore by building castles in the spare time of building castles in the air. I stepped into the welcoming waves, which called me IN,… to the underwater paradise by a slight feeling of pull under my heels… I felt it was a matter to ponder over…. I then scanned my eyes to that small island where we used to take rest… My vision was blur.. but yet I saw another man waving at me in that small island… I ultra scanned my eyes.. It was none other than my same old friend, that same crazy young man of those days, when we used to share and care things together.

We used to share the same plate … an odd uneven aluminum plate. We shared a single pet.. I still remember that.. we had named a rat-like character dog as “TIGER”.. We had shared our up’s & down’s in life.. We even shared a single lollypop every time… Its true that we had even shared the same girlfriend…common GF… with a tight shirt… torn frock.. Scattered hair..Thatched socks.. Standing still with sun dry skin… Do you know who was that fairy girl friend we shared… It was none other than that scare crow in my neighbors’ paddy field. I hugged my friend,… my old bony friend with skin covered bones...

************ End of Dream***********


I woke up in the morning with a heavy head and felt like I had travelled in a Time Machine to the future. The dream was so fantasizing that I started to make a rough note of the events & scenes and the ultimate result was the above story or dream…. The penultimate event was I finished jotting these in less than 8 minutes..because I dint want to miss even a single scene before it evaporates from my sub-conscious mind…


But, even now… A thought that arises in me whenever I revisit these lines are.…“What if even life had a REWIND button like a DVD player ?.” 

6 comments:

Suhasini said...

Nice pic again... good flow on the blog and waiting to see ur next one soon...

Harish Kumar Raju said...

Hey Su.. Thanks a Lot.. Ppl like u inspire me to add more creative & Quality Stuffs here.. U keep my spirits LIVE .. Thanks Again..

Sanchayan said...

if I take ur thoughts as beads; you have threaded them to a garland...an well driven flow of compact imaginations and parallely excellent supporting ceativity...keep up the good work bro :-)

Harish Kumar Raju said...

Hey Sancho.. Thank U :)

mukundnarayan said...

Your painting is so amazing ......... hats off ........ am just a passer-by on this beautiful world of your blogs and couldn't resist commenting on that art .......

Mihika said...

Outstanding narration... lovely dream. But the most touching line was the last line. Keep it up!

Post a Comment